What is the Piedmont Makerspace?
A community space (Piedmont Middle School Shop – Room 125) to promote S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) education for Piedmont students. A Makerspace is project-driven: for Class, for Science Fair, for the Piedmont School Maker Faire, or for fun! A Makerspace is staffed with expert mentors – either teachers, parents, or high school students.
2019-2020 Makerspace Events
- March 8, 10-12pm, Makey Breaky Makerspace
- January 18, 1-4pm, Pinewood Derby Makerspace
- November 23, 1-3pm, Bookmaking Makerspace
- September 8, 1-4pm, Scarecrow Makerspace
Where is it?
The Piedmont Makerspace is located in the Piedmont Middle School shop (Room 125). Take the stairs down from Magnolia to the main plaza, go left towards the district office and take stairs down to the parking lot. It will be on your right (purple arrow below).
2018-2019 Makerspace Events
- March 10, 1-4pm, Cardboard Creations
- December 1st, 1:00p-3:30p, Intro to Power Tools
- September 16th, 12:30p-3:30p, Scarecrow Making
2017-2018 Makerspace Events
- December 20th, 10a-12p, Derby Car Build (sold out!)
- December 2nd, 2p-4p, Marble Run
- September 9th, 1p-4p, Scarecrow Making
2016-2017 Makerspace Events
2015-2016 Makerspace Events:
- April 2 – Arduino Day!
- February 28 – Extreme Flying Things!
- January 24 – 3D Printing!
- December 13 – Holiday Making!
- November 15 – Learn to Solder!
- October 18 – East Bay Mini Maker Faire “Bling Bar”
2014-2015 Makerspace Events:
- April 25 – Wearables!
- March 28 – Arduino Day!
- February 28 – Make a Rocket!
- January 31 – Prototype! / Mini Maker Faire Call for Projects
- December 6 – Open House