Happy September! We are now officially getting back into the school year groove. Piedmont Makers has another exciting year planned for Piedmont Community members of all ages. Look for favorites like bimonthly Tech Social and Makerspace events and our Sixth Annual Piedmont School Maker Faire next spring. NEW this year: Piedmont Makers is bringing robotics to town with two regional tournaments this Fall. In our classrooms, we look forward to continuing our teacher grants program that funds inspired hands-on S.T.E.A.M. projects directly to teachers and their classrooms.
We need your support to make it all happen! If you haven’t gotten to make a donation yet, please click to DONATE. Your donation to Piedmont Makers funds:
- $5500 granted directly to teachers’ classroom S.T.E.A.M. projects at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
- Robotics in Piedmont with 146 kids participating this year, 48% of which are girls
- Last year we kicked off Piedmont’s First Lego League for 4th through 6th grades, with 40 kids and 4 teams. This year we have 82 kids grades 4th through 8th on 12 teams with over 25 coaches.
- First Tech Challenge for grades 7th and up has 64 students and 6 teams, up from 37 students on 3 teams last year.
- Piedmont will host two regional Qualifying Tournaments this Fall, one for FLL and one for FTC.
- Piedmont School Maker Faire at Piedmont High School last spring had over 80 exhibits and 1,000 attendees of all ages (video from last year)
- Tech Socials that featured the PHS Biotech Club and community experts and Makerspace workshops
SCARECROWS are coming to the MAKERSPACE Sunday, 09/16, 12:30 – 3:30 pm in PMS Room 125. Bring your ideas, materials, and get expert help to start your class scarecrow for Harvest Festival. Limited space and tickets are going fast!
We need you! Sign up to volunteer with the Piedmont Makers! Robotics tournaments days this Fall, Makerspaces on weekends, Tech Social on Fridays, or School Maker Faire in the Spring — Come have fun with the Makers!
Our next board meeting is Tuesday, 09/19, 7:00 – 8:30 pm in PMS Room 125. Stop by and bring your maker ideas!