The Piedmont School Maker Faire is a celebration of K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (S.T.E.A.M.) education for the Piedmont community & beyond!
Piedmont Makers will host the 6th annual Piedmont School Maker Faire on Sunday, April 28, 2019 11-3pm at Beach Elementary School in collaboration with the Piedmont Arts Fund. We will feature S.T.E.A.M. projects from Beach, Havens, Wildwood, Piedmont Middle School, Millennium High School, and Piedmont High School students along with hands-on projects from community makers, live music from student musicians & bands, student films, and food trucks!
Attending the Faire
Where: Beach Elementary School, enter main gate via Linda Ave
When: 11am-3pm Sunday April 28, 2019
The Faire is on the blacktop of Beach Elementary and will be sunny! Bring a hat and some sun-screen
We recommend walking to the Faire, parking space can be limited.
Get your Free tickets
Skip the lineup, get your free tickets here!
Meet the Makers
This year we have over 100 Makers!
- The ever popular paper air rockets is back.
- A community built 11-hole mini-golf course.
- Over 20 art projects requiring visitor participation.
- Piedmont High School Biotech club.
- Lego Lane showing off kids creations and a Lego play-pit.
- Robotics ranging from Elementary to Advanced High school.
- Many science projects and contraptions.
- Face painting, musical performances, food trucks and so much more.
- See more>>
Exhibiting at the 2019 Faire
Sorry we’re no longer accepting new exhibitors, but Lego Lane is still accepting entries.
Got a master builder? New this year to the 2019 Maker Faire is “Lego Lane”, a community project to exhibit your creations or participate in a community Lego project.
Although Lego Lane is for all ages, we think the young ones are especially going to love showing off their Lego Creations.
There are three ways your child can participate:
- Bring ANY Lego creation for others to admire
- Bring a Lego Community Square in this years’ theme: “Cityscape”
- Donate 1-pound of Lego for communal creation
The 110 exhibits are surrounded by almost 100 volunteers making this event happen. We’re still short 15 volunteer slots. Sign up your husband, wife, daughter, neighbor here at our SignupGenius. No prior experience necessary for any of the volunteer slots, just turn up.
Email patrick AT piedmontmakers.org
Past Piedmont Maker Faires
About Maker Faire
Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning.
Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The original Maker Faire event was held in San Mateo, CA and in 2015 celebrated its tenth annual show with some 1100+ makers and 145,000 people in attendance. World Maker Faire New York, the other flagship event, has grown in four years to 600+ makers and 80,000 attendees. Detroit, Kansas City, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Orlando, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Silver Spring, Ottawa, Lisbon, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Newcastle, Hannover, Oslo, Trondheim, Seoul, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Shenzhen are the home of larger-scale, “featured” Maker Faires. In addition, over 120 community-driven, independently organized Mini Maker Faires are now being produced around the United States and the world—including right here in the East Bay.
Maker Faire is supported by Make: magazine and Maker Media.
About MAKE Magazine
MAKE is the first magazine devoted entirely to Do-It-Yourself (DIY) technology projects. MAKE unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of resourceful people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. MAKE celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will.
Besides the magazine and the faire, MAKE is:
- a vital online stream of news and projects, blog.makezine.com;
- a retail outlet for kits and books, the Maker Shed;
- a steady stream of fun and instruction via our YouTube channel;
- Make: Projects, a library of projects with step-by-step instructions
- a publisher of best-in-category titles via Make: Books, including introductions to electronics, Raspberry Pi, 3D printing, Arduino and more.